Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Silence

Spending 20 minutes in silence is something I never do!  My mind is thinking of a hundred different things that need to be done.  But I did it and it is amazing the thoughts and prayers that God brought to me.

Psalm 46:10
"Be still (cease striving, let go, relax) and know that I am God."

I know this verse, but I do what it says so rarely.

So many people came to mind that I could pray for:  friends on the mission field, friends I met in Sierra Leone and Nepal, friends reaching outside themselves to serve in ministry here in Ashland.

Thankfulness overwhelmed me.  God has given me so many good gifts: family, Christian friends, people to serve and a fulfilled life in Jesus and the opportunity to #LIVEWONDERSTRUCK.

2 comments:

  1. Tim and Kathy, praying for you as you pray for your friends! Thanks for joining us in the wonder challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Margaret! I am enjoying the challenge and your book. I am part of the leadership team for the Women's Bible Study at my church and we are starting Wonderstruck on Jan. 31. We are eager to see what God has planned for us! Kathy

      Delete