Sunday, January 23, 2011

Nepal

Hello everyone!
We have spent our first day in Nepal. My goodness what an adventure. We are in the middle of the largest city, yet it feels very primative. I have not downloaded todays pictures, yet, so I can't show you what I mean. I will try to get that done tomorrow. Meanwhile we are having a ball!

We don't always have electricity so at times the home we are staying in uses battery power to keep everything going. There is no heat in the house accept for a space heater, so it gets quite cold at night. Everyone sits around in the evening with coats on!

Our host is a wonderful cook! Both she and her husband are former students of Randy and are wonderful people.

One of the things that was on the back burner for this trip was helping the Christian Pastors learn funeral service skills. As it has turned out, this little idea has been moved to the front burner and turned on high! In this culture the pastors are finding a very large evangelical outreach when they help care for the deceased with respect and loving care. They are very excited to get further training in how to handle these delicate situations. We are planning the funeral service training seminar for the weekend just before we return. Very exciting.

Kathy's back is doing great! Although I don't let her lift anything!! Randall's head cold is very active, but a trip to the pharmacy today is making things feel better!

I am at the school right now where there is wireless internet access. I should probably head back to the house. I will get some pictures out tomorrow.

Our love to you all, Tim and Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment