Friday, January 21, 2011

Friday


I woke up this morning with my back feeling much better. A healing balm (like Ben Gay) was given to us yesterday and today one of the students from Randy's class gave me a Sri Lankan ointment that he said had worked wonders on his back after a fall. We are very well taken care of here.

Both Tim and I went to class this morning, the last day of the class. It is afternoon now and they are taking their final exam. Three of the girls want to keep in touch and we exchanged e-mail addresses. This is very encouraging to me; that I can have an impact on them in this short of time.

(Tim) It has been so great to observe the girls connect with Kathy. I really think it helped make the comfortable in class and helped in the learning process.

I enjoyed several more interviews today with the administrator, as well as the head of the publishing department. This school has a very effective ministry through out much of Sri Lanka.

It is so much fun to interview the students and hear of their great respect for the college and for Randy in particular. Following class today, they all stood and presented him with a gift along with great words of appreciation. Wow!

We took a group photo at the student's request. And several wanted pictures with Randy and a couple of the girls wanted a picture with Kathy.

Tomorrow we leave the college at 2:00 am to catch our flight from Colombo to Kathmandu. It will be a long day, but I am very thankful that Kathy's back is doing better!

Thank you all again for your prayers and support!!

No comments:

Post a Comment