Saturday, February 5, 2011

Visit to Asha Nepal and Long Morning Walk




On The first image is of some children on the street near our neighborhood.

The next image is of Tim and I in Durbar Square in the middle of the Old Town Kathmandu.

Thursday I along with Ching were able to return to Asha Nepal (Nepal Hope) the home for women rescued from sex trafficking in Mumbai. Ching had some errands to do before so I was able to travel in some of the local public transportation. Such an experience squeezed into the back of these Tuk tuks!

The women were very gracious again and were happy to show me the bags and cards that they had made. When I found that they individually received the income from the bags they made, I felt I needed to support each one. It was a rewarding time. I was also able to meet one of their board members and found out how anyone in the States could support them also. Ching had a meaningful talk with Bimala, as she too is concerned about the issues of women in Nepal.

Tim was able to take a motorbike (major means of transportation here) ride with a young man, Sunil, who is involved in the Christian burial issue, to a local hospital to see the facilities at the morgue. I can only say that he was dismayed at the sanitary conditions. However he very much enjoyed the ride around the city!

No comments:

Post a Comment